WHO OWNS THE DOMAIN NAME I LEASE EVERY YEAR?
|August 18, 2012||Posted by admin under Hosting Guide|
A typical query:
My web hosting company just sent me my invoice. £25 hosting for one year and £10 per year for my 2 x .com domain names & £5 per year for my .co.uk domain names. Which is cool but it got me to thinking. WHO AM I PAYING for my domain names? I pay my web host but who are they paying? Who gets the money and why?
I have been searching on the internet and I just cannot find an answer? All I know is you have to pay DOMAIN NAME COMPANIES but how come they own them? who are they getting them from? I want to know who is at the top and in control?
and when I find that out, I want to go to them direct and lease my domain names because I bet its cheaper!
Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions x
Answer: You are not alone. Web hosting is one of the most important part of your web presence and can mean the life or death to your business.
To answer the above query, here are 7 things to look for in a good web hosting. An excellent hosting:
- has excellent support and rated at least A+ by Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- gives unlimited diskspace,
- offers unlimited bandwidth,
- gives multiple add-on domains,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the best dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
What if you find out that Hostgator sucks after you signed up with them? HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $0.01 (you need to use the special coupon ). Do you know any other hosting company that can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
How to Get an Unlimited Hosting Plan for Only 1 Cent
Click the Hostgator coupon code 2013 below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% OFF the normal price.
Who Should Not Try Hostgator
To be honest, no web hosting service is perfect. Drawback of Hostgator includes:
- No free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $10 or less. Would you agree that a website is not complete without a domain name?
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – well, they need to make money too and all the support and great service do come with a cost
If you are still not sure if HG is right for you, or you have specific query about anything at all, try the Live Chat at HG. They are fast and knowledgeable. Just shoot them some questions before you decide.