US wins extradition of British student over UK-based website?
|April 17, 2012||Posted by admin under Hosting Guide|
A frequently-asked question:
A 23-year-old student from the UK will be extradited to the United States to face trial for operating a website overseas that linked visitors to external pages that hosted copyrighted material.
Richard O’Dwyer of Sheffield Hallam University in northern England will soon find himself on American soil following the United States’ recent victory in an attempt to extradite the student stateside over a website he ran. American authorities attest that O’Dwyer’s TVShack website, while not in violation of any UK laws where he lived and operated it, infringed on American copyright legislation.
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement department first seized O’Dwyer’s website, TVShack.com, in June 2010. At the time they were able to shut-down the site as the US has jurisdiction over any .net and .com domain names, a revelation which prompted O’Dwyer to relaunch his site with a .cc domain extension shortly after. Even still, authorities were back in a matter of months and questioned O’Dwyer over his revamped operation. That meeting happened in November, and the boy’s mother explained to Ars Technica at the time, "One of them said ‘Don’t worry, you won’t have to go to America.’"
Answer: This is quite a popular question. Web hosting is the heart of your online presence and can mean the life or death to your business.
To answer the above query, here are 7 factors to look for in a good web hosting. An excellent hosting:
- does not suspend accounts as easily,
- gives more-than-enough storage,
- offers unlimited bandwidth,
- gives multiple add-on domains,
- has friendly Site Builder,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the best dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
What if you find out that Hostgator sucks after you signed up with them? HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $0.01 (you need to use the special coupon ). Do you know any other hosting company that can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
How to Get an Unlimited Hosting Plan for Only 1 Cent
Click the Hostgator coupon code 2013 below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% OFF the normal price.
Who Should Not Try Hostgator
To be honest, no web hosting service is perfect. Drawback of Hostgator includes:
- No free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $10 or less. Would you agree that a website is not complete without a domain name?
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – well, they need to make money too and all the support and great service do come with a cost
If you are still not sure if HG is right for you, or you have specific query about anything at all, try the Live Chat at HG. They are fast and knowledgeable. Just shoot them some questions before you decide.