5 Steps to Use Hostgator as Web Host with Domain Registered at Godaddy
|August 17, 2012||Posted by lorelie under Reviews||
If you are a business owner wanting to build a website, this may be a very important guide for you.
Many experienced web designers have told me, having different accounts at different companies for domain registration and web hosting purposes is the best thing they have done when planning to publish their website online. Having different accounts enables you to manage your domains and websites easily for you are focusing on one element in each of your account.
Furthermore, it also provides you with some kind precaution you need if one of your account is at risk the other won’t get affected. If you are new to the concept of the Internet and are pondering on building your first website, you are probably looking for a reputable web hosting service that makes developing your own site quite simple. You probably also don’t want to spend a lot of money, just in case things don’t work out as you plan. If you are not used to the website development, you probably have no idea whether or not it is possible to take advantage of GoDaddy’s low prices and HostGator’s reputable web hosting services with great Hostgator coupon of 2013. Without this knowledge, you are bound to only use one company both for domain registering and web hosting. Rest easy. You can use both GoDaddy’s low-priced domain registration and HostGator’s web hosting service, no problem.
Continue reading to learn how. In your previous post, we all mentioned why Hostgator hurts for domain registration and how Godaddy boulders when it comes to domaining.
How to Point your Godaddy Domain to Hostgator’s Hosting Plan
1) Firstly, you need to purchase a hosting plan at HostGator, which involves just filling out a few simple Web forms giving your name, address and payment information. They’ll send you a confirmation email when you finish. Save the email for future reference.
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you have decided that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price with the Hostgator promo codesbelow.
2) Next you need to create a GoDaddy account. Register your domain. Godaddy will search first if the domain you want to register if it is still available. If available, you can proceed to the checkout section, if not, Godaddy will display related domain names with various domain extensions.
3) Once you have done this, click on “Domains” on the menu bar. A drop-down menu will appear. Select “My Domains.” The screen will then present you with a list of the domains that you have registered with Go Daddy. Select the domain that you want to use by clicking on it.
4) Select the “Nameservers” option. Click on “Custom nameservers (I host my domains elsewhere).” Find the nameservers information in the email that HostGator has sent to you. It should look something like example.hostgator.com. Enter the details that GoDaddy asks for. Select “OK” to finish things up with Go Daddy.
5) Login to your HostGator account. Add the name of the domain that you registered at Go Daddy via the Add Domain icon that can be found in your control panel. Now you’re ready to build your own HostGator site with your GoDaddy domain name.
For the last step, you have to allow for the domain name to propagate after the DNS change in step four above.